When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cornish.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cornish. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cornish.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Cornish.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Cornish.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Fairmont Muni. (FAA ID: 4G7)
- Fairmont Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Cornish.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairmont Municipal Airport
- Garrett Co. Airport (ICAO: K2G4)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Cornish.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Cornish.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Pennsylvania
About Fayette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cornish. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fayette County: www.fayettepa.org
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cornish), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cornish) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cornish. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.7576, Longitude: -79.8256 In this case, the coordinates for Cornish have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).