When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Corning.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Corning. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Corning.
Large Airports ...
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- Atlantic City Intl. (ACY/KACY)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Quakertown Airport (ICAO: KUKT)
- Allentown Queen City Muni. (ICAO: KXLL)
- Pottstown Limerick Airport (PTW/KPTW)
- Pottstown Muni. (FAA ID: N47)
- Pottstown Municipal Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Corning.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pottstown Municipal Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Perkiomen Valley Airport (FAA ID: N10)
- Perkiomen Valley Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Corning.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perkiomen Valley Airport
- Central Bucks County Muni.
- Central Bucks County Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Corning.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central Bucks County Municipal Airport
- Doylestown Airport (DYL/KDYL)
- Wings Fld. (ICAO: KLOM)
- Carbon Co. Airport
- Carbon County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Corning.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon County Airport
- Jake Arner Meml. (FAA ID: 22N)
- Jake Arner Memorial Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Corning.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jake Arner Memorial Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Pennsylvania
About Lehigh County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Corning. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lehigh County: www.lehighcounty.org/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Corning), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Corning) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Corning. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.4515, Longitude: -75.5305 In this case, the coordinates for Corning have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).