When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cork.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cork. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cork.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Cleveland / Hopkins Intl. (CLE/KCLE)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Beaver Co. Airport (ICAO: KBVI)
- Columbiana Co. Airport (FAA ID: 02G)
- Columbiana County Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbiana County Airport
- Jefferson County Airpark (FAA ID: 2G2)
- Zelienople Muni. (FAA ID: PJC)
- Zelienople Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zelienople Municipal Airport
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
- Wheeling - Ohio Co. Airport (HLG/KHLG)
- Rock Airport (FAA ID: 9G1)
- Rock Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock Airport
- Butler Co. Airport (ICAO: KBTP)
- Inter Co. Airport (FAA ID: 31D)
- Inter County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter County Airport
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Youngstown Elser Metro Airport (FAA ID: 4G4)
- Youngstown Elser Metro Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Youngstown Elser Metro Airport
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
- Harrison Co. Airport (FAA ID: 8G6)
- Harrison County Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrison County Airport
- Carroll County Airport (FAA ID: TSO)
- Carroll County - Tolson Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Cork.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carroll County - Tolson Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Pennsylvania
About Allegheny County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cork. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Allegheny County: www.county.allegheny.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cork), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cork) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cork. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.4912, Longitude: -80.3290 In this case, the coordinates for Cork have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).