When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Coraopolis.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Coraopolis. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Coraopolis.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Cleveland / Hopkins Intl. (CLE/KCLE)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Coraopolis.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Rock Airport (FAA ID: 9G1)
- Rock Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Coraopolis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock Airport
- Zelienople Muni. (FAA ID: PJC)
- Zelienople Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the north of Coraopolis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zelienople Municipal Airport
- Butler Co. Airport (ICAO: KBTP)
- Beaver Co. Airport (ICAO: KBVI)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Inter Co. Airport (FAA ID: 31D)
- Inter County Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Coraopolis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter County Airport
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Columbiana Co. Airport (FAA ID: 02G)
- Columbiana County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Coraopolis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbiana County Airport
- Jefferson County Airpark (FAA ID: 2G2)
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Coraopolis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
- Wheeling - Ohio Co. Airport (HLG/KHLG)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Pennsylvania
About Allegheny County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coraopolis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Allegheny County: www.county.allegheny.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Coraopolis), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Coraopolis) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coraopolis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Coraopolis
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coraopolis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.5148, Longitude: -80.1637 In this case, the coordinates for Coraopolis have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).