When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cooperstown.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cooperstown. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cooperstown.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Cleveland / Hopkins Intl. (CLE/KCLE)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Buffalo - Niagara Intl. (BUF/KBUF)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Erie Intl. (ERI/KERI)
- Youngstown - Warren Rgnl. (YNG/KYNG)
- Dubois Rgnl. (DUJ/KDUJ)
- Jamestown Airport (JHW/KJHW)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Bradford Rgnl. (BFD/KBFD)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 72 miles [115.9 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Cooperstown.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Venango Rgnl. (FKL/KFKL)
- Titusville Airport (FAA ID: 6G1)
- Titusville Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Cooperstown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Titusville Airport
- Port Meadville Airport (ICAO: KGKJ)
- Emlenton Muni.
- Emlenton Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Cooperstown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Emlenton Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Greenville Muni. (FAA ID: 4G1)
- Greenville Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Cooperstown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville Municipal Airport
- Grove City Airport (FAA ID: 29D)
- Grove City Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Cooperstown.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grove City Airport
- Clarion Co. Airport (FAA ID: AXQ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Pennsylvania
About Venango County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cooperstown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Venango County: www.co.venango.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cooperstown), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cooperstown) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cooperstown. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cooperstown
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cooperstown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5001, Longitude: -79.8723 In this case, the coordinates for Cooperstown have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).