Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Coontown.
Our newspaper information for Coontown is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Coontown. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Coontown. Our list contains 30 papers that were published within 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> of Coontown.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Coontown.
Newspapers Neighboring Coontown ...
The following newspapers were published within 20 miles [32.2 km] of Coontown.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Coontown.
- Published In Kane [McKean County] ...
- Kane Leader (from 1885)
- The Kane Daily Republican (from 189?)
- The Kane Leader (from 18??)
- The Kane Republican (from 1892)
- The Kane Review
- The Kane Weekly Blade (from 1879)
- The Kane Weekly Leader (from 1887)
- Published In Mount Jewett [McKean County] ...
- Mount Jewett Echo (from 1974)
- Mount Jewett News (from 1897)
- Mt. Jewett Echo (from 1968)
- The Mount Jewett Echo (from 192?)
- The Mt. Jewett Herald (from 1891)
- Published In Johnsonburg [Elk County] ...
- Penntalk (from 19??)
- Years of publication: 19?? to current
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 16662798
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Penntalk
- Holdings for: LCCN SN87078340
- The Johnsonburg Breeze (from 189?)
- The Johnsonburg Press (from 1896)
- Published In Ridgway [Elk County] ...
- Advokaten (from 1894)
- Elk County Democrat (from 1899)
- Ridgway Daily Record (from 1903)
- Ridgway Democrat (from 1908)
- Ridgway Record (from 1918)
- The Elk Advocate (from 186?)
- The Elk County Advocate (from 1868)
- The Elk County Advocate (from 1850)
- The Elk County Reporter (from 1855)
- The Elk Democrat (from 1869)
- The Evening Star (from 1896)
- The Ridgway Advocate (from 188?)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Published In Sheffield [Warren County] ...
- The Sheffield Observer (from 1902)
- The Valley Echo (from 1981)
- The Valley Voice And Echo (from 1984)
- The Valley Voice (from 1979)
- Published In Smethport [McKean County] ...
- M'Kean Citizen (from 1853)
- M'Kean County Democrat (from 1858)
- M'Kean County Journal (from 1834)
- M'Kean Miner (from 1860)
- M'Kean News (from 1851)
- M'Kean Orbit (from 1849)
- M'Kean Yeoman, And Elk County Advertiser (from 1846)
- McKean County Democrat (from 1928)
- McKean County Democrat (from 1924)
- McKean County Miner (from 1968)
- McKean Democrat (from 1927)
- Seneca Press News (from 19??)
- Settler & Pennon, Or, M'Kean And Potter County Advertiser (from 1840)
- Settler And Pennon (from 1842)
- The Beacon And M'Kean County Journal (from 1837)
- The Forester, And Smethport Register (from 1832)
- The M'Kean County Miner (from 1870)
- The McKean Democrat (from 18??)
- The Settler (from 1839)
- Published In Saint Marys [Elk County] ...
- Elk County Railroad And Mining Gazette (from 1868)
- Elk Enterprise (from 1905)
- St. Mary's Republican (from 1850)
- St. Mary's Weekly Herald (from 1888)
- St. Marys Herald (from 188?)
- The Daily Press (from 1910)
- The Elk County Gazette (from 1876)
- The St. Marys Independent (from 1950)
- Published In Bradford [McKean County] ...
- We know of 30 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Bradford. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Bradford
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> of Coontown. This extended list includes all the papers from Bradford. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Coontown
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Pennsylvania
About McKean County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Coontown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coontown) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coontown. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Coontown
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coontown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.6687, Longitude: -78.7220