When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Coon Island.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Coon Island. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Coon Island.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Coon Island.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Youngstown - Warren Rgnl. (YNG/KYNG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
- Wheeling - Ohio Co. Airport (HLG/KHLG)
- Marshall Co. Airport (FAA ID: MPG)
- Marshall County Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Coon Island.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marshall County Airport
- Jefferson County Airpark (FAA ID: 2G2)
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Coon Island.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Pennsylvania
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coon Island. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Washington County: www.co.washington.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Coon Island), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coon Island) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coon Island. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Coon Island
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coon Island. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.1110, Longitude: -80.4602