When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Coolspring.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Coolspring. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Coolspring.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Coolspring.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Coolspring.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Coolspring.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the west of Coolspring.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Garrett Co. Airport (ICAO: K2G4)
- Inter Co. Airport (FAA ID: 31D)
- Inter County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Coolspring.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter County Airport
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Coolspring.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Pennsylvania
About Fayette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coolspring. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fayette County: www.fayettepa.org
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Coolspring), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coolspring) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coolspring. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.9037, Longitude: -79.6798 In this case, the coordinates for Coolspring have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).