When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Conewago Heights.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Conewago Heights. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Conewago Heights.
Large Airports ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- * (FAA ID: N71)
- * lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Conewago Heights.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on *
- Capital City Airport (HAR/KCXY)
- York Airport (ICAO: KTHV)
- Lancaster Airport (LNS/KLNS)
- Carlisle Airport (FAA ID: N94)
- Carlisle Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Conewago Heights.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlisle Airport
- Smoketown Airport (FAA ID: S37)
- Smoketown Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Conewago Heights.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smoketown Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Pennsylvania
About York County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Conewago Heights. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for York County: www.york-county.org/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Conewago Heights), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Conewago Heights) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Conewago Heights. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.0857, Longitude: -76.7166 In this case, the coordinates for Conewago Heights have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).