When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Compton.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Compton. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Compton.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 77 miles [123.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Compton.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Garrett Co. Airport (ICAO: K2G4)
- Somerset Co. Airport (FAA ID: 2G9)
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Compton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Greater Cumberland Rgnl. (ICAO: KCBE)
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Compton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Pennsylvania
About Somerset County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Compton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Somerset County: www.co.somerset.pa.us/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Compton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Compton) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Compton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.7617, Longitude: -79.1223 In this case, the coordinates for Compton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).