When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Collier.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Collier. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Collier.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Collier.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Connellsville Airport (ICAO: KVVS)
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the west of Collier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Collier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Collier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
- Garrett Co. Airport (ICAO: K2G4)
- Inter Co. Airport (FAA ID: 31D)
- Inter County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Collier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter County Airport
- Washington Co. Airport (ICAO: KAFJ)
- Fairmont Muni. (FAA ID: 4G7)
- Fairmont Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Collier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairmont Municipal Airport
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Collier.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Pennsylvania
About Fayette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Collier. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fayette County: www.fayettepa.org
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Collier), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Collier) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Collier. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.8504, Longitude: -79.7787 In this case, the coordinates for Collier have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).