Welcome to Culp Creek ...
Culp Creek is located in Lane County<1>.
A typical abbreviation for Culp Creek: Culp Crk. (or less commonly used: Culp Ck. or Culp Cr.)
Culp Creek is 960 feet [293 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Culp Creek lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Area codes for Culp Creek: (541) and (458)<3>
The ZIP code for Culp Creek: 97434<4>
Communities near Culp Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Culp Creek.
- Cottage Grove [Lane County]
- Creswell [Lane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Creswell
- Creswell [Lane County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northwest of Culp Creek
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,540 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Creswell have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Creswell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Creswell<6>
- Oakridge [Lane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakridge
- Oakridge [Lane County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the east of Culp Creek
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,384 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oakridge have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakridge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakridge<6>
- Lowell [Lane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lowell
- Lowell [Lane County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Culp Creek
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,197 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lowell have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lowell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lowell<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Westfir [Lane County]
- Saginaw [Lane County]
- Divide [Lane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Divide
- Divide [Lane County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the west of Culp Creek
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Divide. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Walker [Lane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walker
- Walker [Lane County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northwest of Culp Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker
- Dexter [Lane County]
- Cresswell [Lane County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Culp Creek. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Culp Creek.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Culp Creek. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Culp Creek.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Culp Creek. See our Newspapers Page for Culp Creek.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Culp Creek ...
Looking for more information about Culp Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Culp Creek, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Culp Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Culp Creek
Find a Community in Oregon
About Lane County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Culp Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lane County: www.lanecounty.org/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Lane, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Culp Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Culp Creek). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Culp Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Culp Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Culp Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Culp CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Culp Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.6963, Longitude: -122.8382 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|