Welcome to Albee ...
So far, we have found very little information about Albee. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Albee to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Albee, please Contact Us.
Albee would have been located within present day Umatilla County<2>.
The location of Albee has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Albee is 3,700 feet [1,128 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Albee is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Albee was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Albee would have been located in the (541) and (458)<5> area codes.
Communities Also Named Albee ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Albee - it's located in South Dakota.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Albee.
Communities near Albee ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Albee.
- Pilot Rock [Umatilla County]
- Ukiah [Umatilla County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ukiah
- Ukiah [Umatilla County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the south of Albee
- Estimated population in 2019: 208 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ukiah have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ukiah
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ukiah<7>
- Lehman Springs [Umatilla County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lehman Springs
- Lehman Springs [Umatilla County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<6> to the east of Albee
- Lehman Springs has also been known as:
- Lehman Hot Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lehman Springs
- Dale [Grant County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Heck and Gone [Morrow County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heck and Gone
- Heck and Gone [Morrow County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<6> to the west of Albee
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Heck and Gone. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Starkey [Union County]
- Ritter [Grant County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ritter
- Ritter [Grant County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<6> to the southwest of Albee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ritter have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ritter
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ritter<7>
- Tutuilla [Umatilla County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tutuilla
- Tutuilla [Umatilla County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<6> to the north of Albee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tutuilla have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tutuilla
- Meacham [Umatilla County]
- Heppner [Morrow County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Albee. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Albee.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Albee. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Albee.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Albee. See our Newspapers Page for Albee.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Oregon
About Umatilla County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Umatilla County: www.co.umatilla.or.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Albee, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Umatilla, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Albee - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Albee) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Albee. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.2126, Longitude: -118.9092 In this case, the coordinates for Albee have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|