Welcome to Whites ...
Although we found mention of Whites during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Whites was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Whites to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Whites, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Whites might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Whites would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Whites ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 21 communities that are also named Whites - they are located in Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan (2), Mississippi (2), Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Quebec, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia (3) and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Whites.
Communities near Whites ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Whites.
- Saint Thomas
- Dutton - Dunwich
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dutton - Dunwich
- Dutton - Dunwich lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Whites
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dutton - Dunwich came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dutton - Dunwich
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dutton - Dunwich<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Whites
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dexter
- Dexter lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Whites
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dexter came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dexter
- Erie Rest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Erie Rest
- Erie Rest lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Whites
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Erie Rest
- Invererie Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Invererie Heights
- Invererie Heights lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Whites
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Invererie Heights
- Lawtons Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawtons Corners
- Lawtons Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Whites
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lawtons Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawtons Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lynhurst
- Lynhurst lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Whites
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lynhurst came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lynhurst
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Whites ...
Looking for more information about Whites? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Whites, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Whites.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Whites and then turned east". While Whites could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Whites as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Whites could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Whites) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Whites. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WhitesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Whites. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.7219, Longitude: -81.1997 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|