Welcome to London ...
The city of London is 800 feet [244 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: London lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for London: (519) & (226)<2>
The Canadian Postal Codes for London: N5V, N5W, N5X, N5Y, N5Z, N6A, N6B, N6C, N6E, N6G, N6H, N6J, N6K, N6L, N6M, N6N, N6P<3>
Websites for London ...
Official Website: www.london.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.londonchamber.com/
Communities Also Named London ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 27 communities that are also named London - they are located in Alabama (4), Arkansas, California, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota (3), Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio (3), Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (2), West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for London.
Communities near London ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near London.
- Saint Thomas
- Saint Marys
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of London
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fanshawe
- Fanshawe lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of London
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fanshawe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fanshawe
- The Gore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for The Gore
- The Gore lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of London
- Jump to Google Maps centered on The Gore
- The Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for The Grove
- The Grove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of London
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for The Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on The Grove
- Hyde Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hyde Park
- Hyde Park lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of London
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hyde Park
- Trafalgar Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trafalgar Heights
- Trafalgar Heights lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of London
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trafalgar Heights
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for London ...
Looking for more information about London? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for London, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for London.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for London: www.london.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around London - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of London, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as London). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether London or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- London) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for London. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LondonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in London. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.9849, Longitude: -81.2453 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|