Welcome to Saint Marys ...
When the people of Saint Marys refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Saint Marysite<1>
A typical abbreviation for Saint Marys: St. Marys
The town of Saint Marys is 1,020 feet [311 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Saint Marys lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Saint Marys: (519) & (226)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Saint Marys: N4X<4>
Websites for Saint Marys ...
Official Website: www.townofstmarys.com/
Communities Also Named Saint Marys ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 30 communities that are also named Saint Marys - they are located in Alaska, Colorado (2), Florida, Georgia, Illinois (2), Indiana (3), Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky, Michigan, Nevada, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia (3), Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania (2), South Dakota, Tennessee (2), Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Saint Marys.
Communities near Saint Marys ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Saint Marys.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Avonbank
- Avonbank lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the north of Saint Marys
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Avonbank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avonbank
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Uniondale
- Uniondale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the southeast of Saint Marys
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Uniondale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wellburn
- Wellburn lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the south of Saint Marys
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wellburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belton
- Belton lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the south of Saint Marys
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belton
- Brown's Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brown's Corners
- Brown's Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the southeast of Saint Marys
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brown's Corners
- Cherry Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherry Grove
- Cherry Grove lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the south of Saint Marys
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cherry Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cherry Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conroy
- Conroy lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the northeast of Saint Marys
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Conroy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conroy
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Saint Marys ...
Looking for more information about Saint Marys? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Saint Marys, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Saint Marys.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Saint Marys: www.townofstmarys.com/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Saint Marys refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a town's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Saint Marys may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Saint Marys - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Saint Marys, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Saint Marys). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Saint Marys or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Marys) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Marys. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint MarysOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Marys. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2600, Longitude: -81.1371 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|