Welcome to Wellington ...
Wellington is 240 feet [73 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Wellington lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Wellington: (613) & (343)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Wellington: K0K<3>
Communities Also Named Wellington ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 39 communities that are also named Wellington - they are located in Alabama, British Columbia, Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia (2), Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky (2), Louisiana, Maine, Maryland (2), Massachusetts, Michigan (2), Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada (2), Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia (4), Ohio, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas (2), Utah, Virginia (2) and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Wellington.
Communities near Wellington ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Wellington.
- Quinte West
- Prince Edward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prince Edward
- Prince Edward lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Wellington.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prince Edward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prince Edward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bowermans
- Bowermans lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Wellington.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowermans
- West Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Lake
- West Lake lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Wellington.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allisonville
- Allisonville lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Wellington.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Allisonville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allisonville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillcrest
- Hillcrest lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Wellington.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillier
- Hillier lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Wellington.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillier came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillier
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hillier<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Melville
- Melville lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Wellington.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wellington ...
Looking for more information about Wellington? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Wellington, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Wellington.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wellington. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Wellington - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Wellington, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Wellington). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Wellington or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Wellington) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wellington. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WellingtonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wellington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9527, Longitude: -77.3497 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|