Welcome to Virgil ...
Time Zone: Virgil lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Virgil is served by one (or more) of the following area codes: (289)<1>, (365) and (905).
The Canadian Postal Code for Virgil: L0S<2>
Communities Also Named Virgil ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 11 communities that are also named Virgil - they are located in Georgia, Illinois (2), Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Virgil.
Communities near Virgil ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Virgil.
- Saint Catharines
- Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls [Niagara County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- North Tonawanda [Niagara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Tonawanda
- North Tonawanda [Niagara County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Virgil
- Population from the 2020 Census: 30,050 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Tonawanda
- Grand Island [Erie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Island
- Grand Island [Erie County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Virgil
- Population from the 2020 Census: 21,767 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grand Island have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Island
- Wheatfield [Niagara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wheatfield
- Wheatfield [Niagara County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Virgil
- Population from the 2020 Census: 17,988 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wheatfield have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wheatfield
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Virgil. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Virgil.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Virgil. See our Newspapers Page for Virgil.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Virgil ...
Looking for more information about Virgil? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Virgil, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Virgil.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Virgil. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Of the area codes for Virgil, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Virgil, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Virgil). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Virgil or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Virgil) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Virgil. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VirgilOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Virgil. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2215, Longitude: -79.1229 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|