Welcome to Niagara Falls ...
When the people of Niagara Falls refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Niagaran<1>
The city of Niagara Falls is 590 feet [180 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Niagara Falls lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area Codes for Niagara Falls: (289)<3>, (365) & (905)
Websites for Niagara Falls ...
Official Website: www.niagarafalls.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.niagarafallschamber.com/
Communities Also Named Niagara Falls ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Niagara Falls - it's located in New York.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Niagara Falls.
Communities near Niagara Falls ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Niagara Falls.
- Buffalo [Erie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo
- Buffalo [Erie County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Niagara Falls
- Population from the 2020 Census: 254,479 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buffalo<5>
- Saint Catharines
- Amherst [Erie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst
- Amherst [Erie County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Niagara Falls
- Population from the 2020 Census: 125,967 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Amherst have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst
- Tonawanda [Erie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tonawanda
- Tonawanda [Erie County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Niagara Falls
- Population from the 2020 Census: 71,291 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tonawanda have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tonawanda
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- North Tonawanda [Niagara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Tonawanda
- North Tonawanda [Niagara County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Niagara Falls
- Population from the 2020 Census: 30,050 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Tonawanda
- Fort Erie
- Grand Island [Erie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Island
- Grand Island [Erie County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Niagara Falls
- Population from the 2020 Census: 21,767 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grand Island have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Island
- Port Colborne
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Niagara Falls. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Niagara Falls.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Niagara Falls. See our Newspapers Page for Niagara Falls.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Niagara Falls ...
Looking for more information about Niagara Falls? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Niagara Falls, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Niagara Falls.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Niagara Falls: www.niagarafalls.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Niagara Falls refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a city's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Niagara Falls may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Niagara Falls - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Of the area codes for Niagara Falls, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Niagara Falls) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Niagara Falls. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Niagara FallsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Niagara Falls. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0897, Longitude: -79.0850 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|