Welcome to Storie ...
Although we found mention of Storie during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Storie was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Storie to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Storie, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Storie might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Storie would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Storie ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Storie - it's located in Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Storie.
Communities near Storie ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Storie.
- North Bay
- South River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South River
- South River lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Storie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for South River<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alsace
- Alsace lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Storie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alsace came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alsace
- Trout Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Creek
- Trout Creek lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Storie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Trout Creek<4>
- Chapmans Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chapmans Landing
- Chapmans Landing lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Storie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chapmans Landing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chapmans Landing
- Wade's Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wade's Landing
- Wade's Landing lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Storie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wade's Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hotham
- Hotham lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Storie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hotham came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hotham
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Storie ...
Looking for more information about Storie? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Storie, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Storie.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Storie and then turned west". While Storie could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Storie as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Storie could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Storie) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Storie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Storie
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Storie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0403, Longitude: -79.4525
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|