Welcome to Alsace ...
Although we found mention of Alsace during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Alsace was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Alsace to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alsace, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Alsace might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Alsace would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Alsace ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 2 communities that are also named Alsace - they are located in California and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alsace.
Communities near Alsace ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alsace.
- North Bay
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the east)
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the northeast)
- South River
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South River
- Jump to a Google Map centered on South River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for South River <3>
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Storie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Storie
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Storie
(5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carr came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carr
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Carr
- Chapmans Landing
(5 miles [8 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chapmans Landing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chapmans Landing
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Chapmans Landing
- Wade's Landing
(5 miles [8 km] to the north)
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Commanda came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Commanda
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Commanda
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Commanda <3>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alsace ...
Looking for more information about Alsace? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alsace, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alsace.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Alsace and then turned west". While Alsace could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Alsace as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Alsace could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|