Welcome to Reidville ...
Although we found mention of Reidville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Reidville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Reidville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Reidville, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Reidville might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel west from Reidville, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Reidville would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Reidville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Reidville - they are located in Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Reidville.
Communities near Reidville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Reidville.
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the south of Reidville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Bellheck - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellheck
- Bellheck was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Reidville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Bellheck. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desmond
- Desmond lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Reidville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Desmond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Desmond
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hinch
- Hinch lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Reidville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hinch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hinch
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ingle
- Ingle lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Reidville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ingle came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ingle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wesley
- Wesley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Reidville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wesley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewa
- Chippewa lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Reidville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewa
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Erinsville
- Erinsville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Reidville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Erinsville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Erinsville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Erinsville<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Reidville ...
Looking for more information about Reidville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Reidville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Reidville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Reidville and then turned west". While Reidville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Reidville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Reidville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Reidville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Reidville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ReidvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Reidville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4442, Longitude: -76.9306 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|