Welcome to Hinch ...
Although we found mention of Hinch during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hinch was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hinch to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hinch, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hinch might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you leave Hinch and travel west, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Hinch would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Hinch ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Hinch - they are located in Missouri and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hinch.
Communities near Hinch ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hinch.
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Hinch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Croydon
- Croydon lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hinch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Croydon
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newburgh
- Newburgh lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Hinch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Newburgh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newburgh
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Newburgh<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roblin
- Roblin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Hinch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roblin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Selby
- Selby lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Hinch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Selby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Selby
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strathcona
- Strathcona lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Hinch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strathcona
- Camden East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desmond
- Desmond lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Hinch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Desmond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Desmond
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hinch ...
Looking for more information about Hinch? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hinch, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hinch.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Hinch and then turned west". While Hinch could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hinch as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hinch could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hinch) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hinch. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HinchOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hinch. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3650, Longitude: -76.9378 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|