Welcome to Reids Corner ...
Although we found mention of Reids Corner during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Reids Corner was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Reids Corner to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Reids Corner, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Reids Corner: Reids Cor. (or less commonly used: Reids Crn.)
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Reids Corner for more information about variations on the name of Reids Corner.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Reids Corner might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Reids Corner would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Reids Corner ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Reids Corner.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lochalsh
- Lochalsh lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Reids Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lochalsh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lothian
- Lothian lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Reids Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lothian
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Huron Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huron Ridge
- Huron Ridge lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Reids Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Huron Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huron Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kintail
- Kintail lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Reids Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kintail came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kintail
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millarton
- Millarton lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Reids Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millarton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lanes
- Lanes lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Reids Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lanes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lanes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bervie
- Bervie lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Reids Corner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bervie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingsbridge
- Kingsbridge lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Reids Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingsbridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsbridge
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Reids Corner ...
Looking for more information about Reids Corner? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Reids Corner, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Reids Corner.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Reids Corner and then turned east". While Reids Corner could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Reids Corner as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Reids Corner could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Reids Corner) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Reids Corner. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Reids Corner
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Reids Corner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0750, Longitude: -81.6925
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|