Welcome to Northcrest ...
Although we found mention of Northcrest during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Northcrest was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Northcrest to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Northcrest, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Northcrest might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Northcrest would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Northcrest ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Northcrest - they are located in Alabama, California, Delaware, Indiana, Ohio, Texas and Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Northcrest.
Communities near Northcrest ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Northcrest.
- Saint Thomas
- Saint Marys
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Northcrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chippewas of the Thames First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- The Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for The Grove
- The Grove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Northcrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for The Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on The Grove
- Huron Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huron Heights
- Huron Heights lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Northcrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huron Heights
- Manor Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manor Park
- Manor Park lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Northcrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manor Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pottersburg
- Pottersburg lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Northcrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pottersburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pottersburg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Telfer
- Telfer lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Northcrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Telfer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Telfer
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Northcrest ...
Looking for more information about Northcrest? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Northcrest, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Northcrest.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Northcrest and then turned east". While Northcrest could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Northcrest as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Northcrest could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Northcrest) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Northcrest. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NorthcrestOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Northcrest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0356, Longitude: -81.2833 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|