Welcome to Muskoka ...
We aren't confident of the location of Muskoka, so consider the above location as an estimate.<1>
Time Zone: Muskoka lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Muskoka: (705) & (249)<2>
Communities Also Named Muskoka ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found another community named Muskoka - it's located in British Columbia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Muskoka.
Communities near Muskoka ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Muskoka.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ziska
- Ziska lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Muskoka.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Ziska. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ziska
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alport
- Alport lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Muskoka.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alport came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alport
- Bangor Lodge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bangor Lodge
- Bangor Lodge lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Muskoka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bangor Lodge
- Crystal Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal Beach
- Crystal Beach lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Muskoka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal Beach
- Golden Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Beach
- Golden Beach lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Muskoka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bardsville
- Bardsville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Muskoka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bardsville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beatrice
- Beatrice lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Muskoka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beatrice
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Muskoka ...
Looking for more information about Muskoka? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Muskoka, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Muskoka.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Muskoka. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Muskoka) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Muskoka. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MuskokaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Muskoka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0863, Longitude: -79.2976 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|