Welcome to Motherwell ...
Although we found mention of Motherwell during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Motherwell was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Motherwell to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Motherwell, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Motherwell might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Motherwell would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Motherwell ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Motherwell.
- Saint Marys
- Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Motherwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Russeldale
- Russeldale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Motherwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Russeldale
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Avonton
- Avonton lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Motherwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Avonton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avonton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Munro
- Munro lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Motherwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Munro came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Munro
- Saint Marys Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Marys Junction
- Saint Marys Junction lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Motherwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Marys Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirkton
- Kirkton lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Motherwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirkton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rannoch
- Rannoch lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Motherwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rannoch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rannoch
- Saint Pauls Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Pauls Station
- Saint Pauls Station lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Motherwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Pauls Station
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Motherwell ...
Looking for more information about Motherwell? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Motherwell, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Motherwell.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Motherwell and then turned west". While Motherwell could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Motherwell as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Motherwell could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Motherwell) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Motherwell. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MotherwellOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Motherwell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.3461, Longitude: -81.1878 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|