Welcome to Mooresville ...
Although we found mention of Mooresville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Mooresville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Mooresville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mooresville, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Mooresville might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Mooresville would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Mooresville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 12 communities that are also named Mooresville - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana (2), Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mooresville.
Communities near Mooresville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Mooresville.
- Saint Marys
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brinsley
- Brinsley lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Mooresville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brinsley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brinsley
- Huron Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huron Park
- Huron Park lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Mooresville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huron Park
- Lucan Biddulph
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucan Biddulph
- Lucan Biddulph lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Mooresville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucan Biddulph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucan Biddulph
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crediton
- Crediton lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Mooresville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crediton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elginfield
- Elginfield lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Mooresville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elginfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elginfield
- West McGillivray
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West McGillivray
- West McGillivray lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Mooresville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West McGillivray
- Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ailsa Craig
- Ailsa Craig lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Mooresville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlisle
- Carlisle lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Mooresville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlisle
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Mooresville ...
Looking for more information about Mooresville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Mooresville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Mooresville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Mooresville and then turned west". While Mooresville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Mooresville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Mooresville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mooresville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mooresville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MooresvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mooresville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2353, Longitude: -81.4581 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|