Welcome to Brinsley ...
Although we found mention of Brinsley during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brinsley was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brinsley to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brinsley, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brinsley might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Brinsley would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Brinsley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Brinsley - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brinsley.
Communities near Brinsley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brinsley.
- Lambton Shores
- Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ailsa Craig
- Ailsa Craig lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Brinsley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ailsa Craig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mooresville
- Mooresville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Brinsley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mooresville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mooresville
- Huron Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huron Park
- Huron Park lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Brinsley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huron Park
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mount Carmel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Carmel
- Mount Carmel lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Brinsley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Carmel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlisle
- Carlisle lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Brinsley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlisle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centralia
- Centralia lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Brinsley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centralia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crediton
- Crediton lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Brinsley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crediton
- Lucan Biddulph
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucan Biddulph
- Lucan Biddulph lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Brinsley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucan Biddulph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucan Biddulph
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brinsley ...
Looking for more information about Brinsley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brinsley, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brinsley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brinsley and then turned east". While Brinsley could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brinsley as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brinsley could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brinsley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brinsley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrinsleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brinsley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2081, Longitude: -81.5314 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|