Welcome to Lonsdale ...
Time Zone: Lonsdale lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Lonsdale: (613) and (343)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Lonsdale: K0K<2>
Communities Also Named Lonsdale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Lonsdale - they are located in Arkansas, Minnesota, Ontario, Rhode Island and Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lonsdale.
Communities near Lonsdale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lonsdale.
- Prince Edward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prince Edward
- Prince Edward lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Lonsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prince Edward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prince Edward
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Lonsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Melrose
- Melrose lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Lonsdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melrose
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Read
- Read lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Lonsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Read came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Read
- Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Lonsdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shannonville
- Shannonville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Lonsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shannonville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shannonville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Shannonville<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lonsdale ...
Looking for more information about Lonsdale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lonsdale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lonsdale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lonsdale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Lonsdale, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Lonsdale). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Lonsdale or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lonsdale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lonsdale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LonsdaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lonsdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2752, Longitude: -77.1266 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|