Our Genealogy Helper for Lochalsh ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Lochalsh (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Lochalsh. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Lochalsh:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Lochalsh ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Lochalsh.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Lochalsh covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Lochalsh / South Lochalsh Cemetery
- Olivet United Church / Verdun Methodist Cemetery
- Verdun Methodist Cemetery
- Huron Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huron Presbyterian Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Huron Presbyterian Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Huron Presbyterian Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lewis Cemetery
- Old Lewis Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huron Presbyterian Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2563457<1>
- Ripley / Huron Cemetery
- Hope Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hope Cemetery
- Hope Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hope Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hope Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Joseph's RC Cemetery
- Greenhill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Greenhill Cemetery
- The Greenhill Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southwest of Lucknow.Stated another way, Greenhill Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Lochalsh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenhill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2173959<1>
- South Kinloss Cemetery
- Kincardine Cemetery
- Kinloss Mennonite Cemetery
- Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the east of Lochalsh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery
- Dungannon Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dungannon Cemetery
- The Dungannon Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Dungannon.More accurately, Dungannon Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Lochalsh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dungannon Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2210735<1>
- Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Langside Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Langside Mennonite Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the east of Lochalsh.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2396887<1>
- Langside Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Langside Cemetery
- Langside Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Lochalsh.
- Langside Cemetery has also been known as:
- Langside - Tiffins Cemetery
- Tiffins Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langside Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2355768<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Lochalsh. See our List of 1890's Communities around Lochalsh.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lochalsh. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lochalsh) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lochalsh. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lochalsh
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lochalsh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0188, Longitude: -81.6575