Welcome to Lakeshore Village ...
Although we found mention of Lakeshore Village during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lakeshore Village was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lakeshore Village to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lakeshore Village, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Lakeshore Village: Lakeshore Vlg. (in Canada, 'Vlge.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lakeshore Village might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Lakeshore Village would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Lakeshore Village ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found another community named Lakeshore Village - it's located in Delaware.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lakeshore Village.
Communities near Lakeshore Village ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lakeshore Village.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guelph
- Guelph lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Lakeshore Village.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guelph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guelph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guelph<4>
- Laurentian Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laurentian Hills
- Laurentian Hills lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Lakeshore Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laurentian Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridgeport
- Bridgeport lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Lakeshore Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgeport
- Forest Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Heights
- Forest Heights lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Lakeshore Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosemount
- Rosemount lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Lakeshore Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosemount
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosendale
- Rosendale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Lakeshore Village.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosendale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosendale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lakeshore Village ...
Looking for more information about Lakeshore Village? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lakeshore Village, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lakeshore Village.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Lakeshore Village and then turned east". While Lakeshore Village could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lakeshore Village as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lakeshore Village could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lakeshore Village) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lakeshore Village. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4883, Longitude: -80.5511 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|