Communities Also Named Kingsbridge ...
We have found three communities that share the name Kingsbridge.
Within Ontario, the name Kingsbridge is unique.
Beyond Ontario, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- East Baton Rouge Parish
- This Kingsbridge is located in East Baton Rouge Parish and lies 1,063 miles [1,710.7 km]<1> to the south southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsbridge
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the East Baton Rouge Parish community of Kingsbridge.
- New York
- New York County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the New York community of Kingsbridge [New York County].
- Manitowoc County
- This Kingsbridge is located in Manitowoc County and lies 297 miles [478 km]<1> to the west.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsbridge
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Manitowoc County community of Kingsbridge.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Kingsbridge ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bogies Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bogies Beach
- Bogies Beach lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the south of Kingsbridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bogies Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bogies Beach
- Clover Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clover Valley
- Clover Valley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Kingsbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clover Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crewe
- Crewe lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Kingsbridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crewe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crewe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lanes
- Lanes lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the east of Kingsbridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lanes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lanes
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loyal
- Loyal lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Kingsbridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Loyal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loyal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prosperity
- Prosperity lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Kingsbridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prosperity came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prosperity
- Sunset Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Kingsbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zion
- Zion lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Kingsbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zion
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Kingsbridge. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Father David William Bauer (Professional hockey)
How Far From Kingsbridge to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kingsbridge to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kingsbridge and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 312 miles [502.1 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Kingsbridge to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 18 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 13 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,865 miles [9,438.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,599 miles [10,620.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,479 miles [7,208.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kingsbridge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kingsbridge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kingsbridge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kingsbridge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kingsbridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9300, Longitude: -81.6983
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Kingsbridge could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kingsbridge to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 310.462 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 307.127 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 304.927 degrees.||