Welcome to Henfryn ...
Although we found mention of Henfryn during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Henfryn was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Henfryn to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Henfryn, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Henfryn might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Henfryn would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Henfryn ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Henfryn.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minto
- Minto lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Henfryn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minto
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clifford
- Clifford lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the north of Henfryn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clifford
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atwood
- Atwood lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Henfryn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Atwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moncrieff
- Moncrieff lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Henfryn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moncrieff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moncrieff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newry
- Newry lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Henfryn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Newry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newry
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trowbridge
- Trowbridge lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Henfryn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trowbridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trowbridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cranbrook
- Cranbrook lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Henfryn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cranbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cranbrook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carmunnock
- Carmunnock lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Henfryn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carmunnock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carmunnock
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Henfryn ...
Looking for more information about Henfryn? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Henfryn, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Henfryn.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Henfryn and then turned east". While Henfryn could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Henfryn as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Henfryn could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Henfryn) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Henfryn. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Henfryn
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Henfryn. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.6917, Longitude: -81.0928
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|