Welcome to Hay ...
Although we found mention of Hay during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hay was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hay to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hay, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hay might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Hay would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Hay ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Hay - they are located in Idaho, Maine and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hay.
Communities near Hay ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hay.
- Saint Marys
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elimville
- Elimville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Hay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elimville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elimville
- Huron Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huron Park
- Huron Park lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Hay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huron Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lumley
- Lumley lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Hay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lumley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lumley
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centralia
- Centralia lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Hay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centralia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crediton
- Crediton lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Hay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crediton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winchelsea
- Winchelsea lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Hay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winchelsea came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winchelsea
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chiselhurst
- Chiselhurst lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Hay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chiselhurst
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Farquhar
- Farquhar lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Hay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Farquhar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Farquhar
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hay ...
Looking for more information about Hay? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hay, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Hay and then turned west". While Hay could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hay as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hay could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hay) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hay
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.3592, Longitude: -81.4828
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|