Welcome to Hay Bay ...
Although we found mention of Hay Bay during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hay Bay was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hay Bay to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hay Bay, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hay Bay might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Hay Bay would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Hay Bay ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hay Bay.
- Prince Edward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prince Edward
- Prince Edward lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Hay Bay.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prince Edward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prince Edward
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Hay Bay.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conway
- Conway lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Hay Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorland
- Dorland lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Hay Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorland
- Roblin Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roblin Mills
- Roblin Mills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Hay Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roblin Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sillsville
- Sillsville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Hay Bay.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sillsville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sillsville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adolphustown
- Adolphustown lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Hay Bay.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Adolphustown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adolphustown
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Adolphustown<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hay Bay ...
Looking for more information about Hay Bay? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hay Bay, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hay Bay.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Hay Bay and then turned east". While Hay Bay could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hay Bay as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hay Bay could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hay Bay) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hay Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1439, Longitude: -77.0017 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|