Welcome to Habermehl ...
Although we found mention of Habermehl during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Habermehl was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Habermehl to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Habermehl, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Habermehl might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Habermehl would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Habermehl ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Habermehl - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Habermehl.
Communities near Habermehl ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Habermehl.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clifford
- Clifford lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the south of Habermehl
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clifford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Louise
- Louise lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Habermehl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Louise came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Louise
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Malcolm
- Malcolm lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Habermehl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Malcolm came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malcolm
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Allan Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allan Park
- Allan Park lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Habermehl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Allan Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allan Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crawford
- Crawford lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Habermehl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crawford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crawford
- Maple Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Hill
- Maple Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Habermehl
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mulock
- Mulock lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Habermehl
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mulock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlsruhe
- Carlsruhe lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Habermehl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carlsruhe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlsruhe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aberdeen
- Aberdeen lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Habermehl
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aberdeen
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Habermehl ...
Looking for more information about Habermehl? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Habermehl, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Habermehl.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Habermehl and then turned west". While Habermehl could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Habermehl as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Habermehl could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Habermehl) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Habermehl. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HabermehlOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Habermehl. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2089, Longitude: -81.0208 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|