Welcome to Flynns Turn ...
Although we found mention of Flynns Turn during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Flynns Turn was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Flynns Turn to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Flynns Turn, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Flynns Turn might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you leave Flynns Turn and travel east, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Flynns Turn would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities near Flynns Turn ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Flynns Turn.
- Alpine Village
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the southwest)
- Burleigh Falls
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burleigh Falls came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burleigh Falls
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Burleigh Falls
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Burleigh Falls <4>
- Point Pleasant
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the southwest)
(5 miles [8 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buckhorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buckhorn
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Buckhorn
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buckhorn <4>
- Nogies Creek
(5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nogies Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nogies Creek
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Nogies Creek
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lakehurst came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakehurst
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Lakehurst
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lakehurst <4>
- Deer Bay
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Bay
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Deer Bay
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Kawartha Hideaway
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the south)
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the southwest)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Flynns Turn ...
Looking for more information about Flynns Turn? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Flynns Turn, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Flynns Turn.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Flynns Turn and then turned west". While Flynns Turn could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Flynns Turn as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Flynns Turn could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|