Welcome to Fergus ...
Fergus is 1,340 feet [408 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Fergus lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Fergus: (519) and (226)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Fergus: N1M<3>
Communities Also Named Fergus ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Fergus - they are located in California, Colorado, Michigan, Montana, Ontario and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Fergus.
Communities near Fergus ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Fergus.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guelph
- Guelph lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Fergus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guelph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guelph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guelph<5>
- Halton Hills
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ennotville
- Ennotville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Fergus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ennotville
- Alma Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma Station
- Alma Station lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Fergus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cumnock
- Cumnock lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Fergus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cumnock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inverhaugh
- Inverhaugh lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Fergus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inverhaugh
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Fergus ...
Looking for more information about Fergus? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Fergus, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Fergus.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fergus. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Fergus - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Fergus, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Fergus). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Fergus or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fergus) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fergus. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FergusOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fergus. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7059, Longitude: -80.3779 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|