Our Genealogy Helper for Elora ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Elora (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Elora. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Elora:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Elora ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Elora.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Elora covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Elora Cemetery
- Belsyde Cemetery
- Bethel Mennonite Church Cemetery
- Maple View Mennonite Cemetery
- West Montrose Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the West Montrose Mennonite Cemetery
- West Montrose Mennonite Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Elora.
- West Montrose Mennonite Cemetery has also been known as:
- West Montrose Mennonite Meeting House Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Montrose Mennonite Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2186189<1>
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Ennotville.To be precise, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Elora.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Creek Bank Mennonite Cemetery
- North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery
- North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Elora.
- North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery has also been known as:
- North Woolwich Mennonite Cemetery
- North Woolwich Mennonite Meething House Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Woolwich Conservative Mennonite Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2189257<1>
- Oswald / Hoffer / St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Oswald / Hoffer / St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery
- Oswald / Hoffer / St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Elora.
- Oswald / Hoffer / St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hoffer Cemetery
- Oswald Cemetery
- St. Pauls Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oswald / Hoffer / St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery
- West Montrose United Church Cemetery
- Floradale Mennonite Cemetery
- Crystal View Mennonite Cemetery
- Elmira Mennonite Cemetery
- Elmira Union Cemetery
- St. James Lutheran Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Elora. See our List of 1890's Communities around Elora.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elora. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Elora) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Elora. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EloraOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elora. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.6864, Longitude: -80.4298 |