Our Genealogy Helper for Crystal Beach ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Crystal Beach (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Crystal Beach. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Crystal Beach ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Crystal Beach: Crystal Bch.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Crystal Beach:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Crystal Beach ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Crystal Beach.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Crystal Beach covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Bracebridge United Church Cemetery
- Moores Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moores Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Moores Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- The Moores Cemetery is located between<2> the communities of Beatrice and Bracebridge. The cemetery lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Beatrice.
- Moores Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moore Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moores Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2388820<4>
- St. Mark's Anglican Cemetery
- George Kirk Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the George Kirk Memorial Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the George Kirk Memorial Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- The George Kirk Memorial Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<3> to the south of Bracebridge.
- George Kirk Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Kirk Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George Kirk Memorial Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2337292<4>
- Langford Cemetery
- Torrance Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Torrance Cemetery
- The Torrance Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Torrance.More accurately, Torrance Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Crystal Beach.
- Torrance Cemetery has also been known as:
- Torrance Union Cemetery
- Whitting Family Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torrance Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2400834<4>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview St. Paul's Cemetery
- Mickel Memorial Cemetery
- Glen Orchard Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery
- Symington Cemetery
- Continue List (80 more) ...
- Bethel Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bethel Cemetery
- Bethel Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Crystal Beach.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethel Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Cemetery
- Footes Bay Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Footes Bay Cemetery
- Footes Bay Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Crystal Beach.
- Footes Bay Cemetery has also been known as:
- Footes Bay United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Footes Bay Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Crystal Beach. See our List of 1890's Communities around Crystal Beach.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Crystal Beach. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||To help visualize the location of the cemetery, we've drawn a straight line between the communities of Beatrice and Bracebridge. The cemetery can be found near that line and roughly halfway between the two communities. Remember that this is just an approximate location.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Crystal Beach) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crystal Beach. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Crystal BeachOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crystal Beach. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0530, Longitude: -79.4002 |
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|