Welcome to Creek Bank ...
Although we found mention of Creek Bank during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Creek Bank was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Creek Bank to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Creek Bank, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Creek Bank might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Creek Bank would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Creek Bank ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Creek Bank.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guelph
- Guelph lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Creek Bank.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guelph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guelph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guelph<4>
- Laurentian Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laurentian Hills
- Laurentian Hills lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of Creek Bank.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laurentian Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parker
- Parker lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Creek Bank.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parker
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salem
- Salem lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Creek Bank.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salem
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winfield
- Winfield lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Creek Bank.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cumnock
- Cumnock lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Creek Bank.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cumnock
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Creek Bank ...
Looking for more information about Creek Bank? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Creek Bank, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Creek Bank.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Creek Bank and then turned west". While Creek Bank could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Creek Bank as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Creek Bank could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Creek Bank) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Creek Bank. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7050, Longitude: -80.5358 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|