Our Genealogy Helper for Connellys ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Connellys (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Connellys. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Connellys:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Connellys ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Connellys.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Connellys covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican Cemetery
- St. Mary's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's Cemetery
- St. Mary's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's Cemetery
- Maple Grove Cemetery
- Trent Valley Cemetery
- Burnbrae / St. Andrew Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Burnbrae / St. Andrew Presbyterian Cemetery
- Burnbrae / St. Andrew Presbyterian Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Connellys.
- Burnbrae / St. Andrew Presbyterian Cemetery has also been known as:
- Burnbrae Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnbrae / St. Andrew Presbyterian Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2552621<1>
- Rylstone United Cemetery
- Norwood - Asphodel Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Norwood - Asphodel Cemetery
- The Norwood - Asphodel Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Norwood.Norwood - Asphodel Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Connellys.
- Norwood - Asphodel Cemetery has also been known as:
- Norwood Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norwood - Asphodel Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2334455<1>
- Hoards United Church Cemetery
- Wellman's Cemetery
- Hubble Hill Pioneer Cemetery
- Mt. Nebo Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Nebo Cemetery
- The Mt. Nebo Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside of SpringbrookTo be more accurate, Mt. Nebo Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Connellys.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Nebo Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2527775<1>
- Continue List (103 more) ...
- Warkworth Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Cemetery
- Marmora Common Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Connellys. See our List of 1890's Communities around Connellys.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Connellys. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Connellys) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Connellys. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ConnellysOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Connellys. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3563, Longitude: -77.8261 |