Our Genealogy Helper for Clover Valley ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Clover Valley (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Clover Valley. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Clover Valley ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Clover Valley: Clover Vly. (or less commonly used: Clover Vally. or Clover Vlly.)
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Clover Valley:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Clover Valley ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Clover Valley.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Clover Valley covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Lochalsh Cemetery
- Verdun Methodist Cemetery
- Olivet United Church / Verdun Methodist Cemetery
- Hope Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hope Cemetery
- Hope Cemetery has also been known as:
- Hope Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hope Cemetery
- Huron Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huron Presbyterian Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Huron Presbyterian Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Huron Presbyterian Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lewis Cemetery
- Old Lewis Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huron Presbyterian Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2563457<1>
- Ripley / Huron Cemetery
- Greenhill Cemetery
- South Kinloss Cemetery
- St. Joseph's RC Cemetery
- Kinloss Mennonite Cemetery
- Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Clover Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martinfield Mennonite Cemetery
- Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Langside Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Langside Mennonite Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Clover Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langside Mennonite Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2396887<1>
- Continue List (115 more) ...
- Langside Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Langside Cemetery
- Langside Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Clover Valley.
- Langside Cemetery has also been known as:
- Langside - Tiffins Cemetery
- Tiffins Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langside Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2355768<1>
- Kincardine Cemetery
- Dungannon Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dungannon Cemetery
- The Dungannon Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Dungannon.More precisely, Dungannon Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Clover Valley.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dungannon Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2210735<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Clover Valley. See our List of 1890's Communities around Clover Valley.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clover Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Clover Valley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clover Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Clover ValleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clover Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0138, Longitude: -81.5932 |