Welcome to Centreview ...
Although we found mention of Centreview during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Centreview was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Centreview to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Centreview, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Centreview might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel south from Centreview, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Centreview would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Centreview ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Centreview - they are located in Ontario and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Centreview.
Communities near Centreview ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Centreview.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craigmont
- Craigmont lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Centreview
- Craigmont has also been known as:
- Craigmont Mine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craigmont
- Burgess Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burgess Mines
- Burgess Mines lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Centreview
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burgess Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burgess Mines
- New Carlow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Carlow
- New Carlow lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Centreview
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Carlow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Carlow
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halfway
- Halfway lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Centreview
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Halfway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halfway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaszuby
- Kaszuby lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Centreview
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kaszuby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaszuby
- Maple Leaf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Leaf
- Maple Leaf lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Centreview
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Leaf
- Barry's Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenview
- Greenview lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Centreview
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenview
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boulter
- Boulter lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Centreview
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boulter came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boulter
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Centreview ...
Looking for more information about Centreview? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Centreview, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Centreview.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Centreview and then turned west". While Centreview could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Centreview as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Centreview could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Centreview) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Centreview. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CentreviewOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Centreview. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3636, Longitude: -77.7406 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|