Welcome to Carlow ...
Although we found mention of Carlow during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Carlow was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Carlow to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Carlow, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Carlow might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Carlow would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Carlow ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Carlow - they are located in Missouri and New Brunswick.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Carlow.
Communities near Carlow ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carlow.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meneset
- Meneset lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Carlow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meneset came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meneset
- Sunset Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Carlow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Beach
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prosperity
- Prosperity lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Carlow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prosperity came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prosperity
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sheppardton
- Sheppardton lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Carlow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sheppardton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sheppardton
- Saint Augustine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Carlow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Augustine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerhill
- Summerhill lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Carlow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summerhill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summerhill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crewe
- Crewe lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Carlow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crewe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crewe
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carlow ...
Looking for more information about Carlow? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Carlow, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Carlow.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Carlow and then turned west". While Carlow could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Carlow as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Carlow could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carlow) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carlow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carlow
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carlow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7767, Longitude: -81.6294
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|