Our Genealogy Helper for Burr ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Burr (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Burr. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Burr:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Burr ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Burr.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Burr covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Burrs Cemetery
- Consecon Cemetery
- St. James RC Cemetery
- Belleville Cemetery
- Albury Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albury Church Cemetery
- Albury Church Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Burr.
- Albury Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Albury Cemetery
- Rednersville Albury United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albury Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2315793<1>
- Whites Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Sophiasburgh Cemetery
- St. George Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. George Anglican Church Cemetery
- The St. George Anglican Church Cemetery is located in Trenton.To be more precise, St. George Anglican Church Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Burr.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. George Anglican Church Cemetery
- Carrying Place Cemetery Annex
- Carrying Place Cemetery
- St. George's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. George's Cemetery
- The St. George's Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Trenton.St. George's Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Burr.
- St. George's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. George's Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. George's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2262283<1>
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Mt. Calvary Cemetery
- Longwell's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Longwell's Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Longwell's Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Longwell's Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Burr.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longwell's Cemetery
- Cherry Valley United Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Burr. See our List of 1890's Communities around Burr.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burr. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Burr) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burr. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Burr
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burr. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0422, Longitude: -77.3800
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|