Our Genealogy Helper for Beechmount ...
Although we found mention of Beechmount during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Beechmount was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Beechmount (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Beechmount. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Beechmount:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Beechmount ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Beechmount.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Beechmount covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- Deer Lake Cemetery
- Our Lady of Mercy Parish Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Bancroft.To be more precise, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Beechmount.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2260318<2>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- McGillivray Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. George Cemetery
- Trinity Anglican Cemetery
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the north of Beechmount.
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Ignatius Martyr Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2249893<2>
- Grace United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grace United Church Cemetery
- The Grace United Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of L'Amable.Stated another way, Grace United Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km] to the east of Beechmount.
- Grace United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Detlor United Church Cemetery
- Grace United Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grace United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2368697<2>
- Grace Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grace Cemetery
- The Grace Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Maynooth.More accurately, Grace Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Beechmount.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grace Cemetery
- Clydesdale United Cemetery
- Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Emmanuel United Church Cemetery
- Christ Church Essonville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Christ Church Essonville Cemetery
- The Christ Church Essonville Cemetery is located outside and to the east of Essonville.More accurately, Christ Church Essonville Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the west of Beechmount.
- Christ Church Essonville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Anglican Church / Essonville Anglican Cemetery
- Essonville Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Christ Church Essonville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2644202<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Beechmount. See our List of 1890's Communities around Beechmount.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Beechmount and then turned west". While Beechmount could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Beechmount as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Beechmount could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Ontario community named Beechmount.
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beechmount) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beechmount. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeechmountOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beechmount. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0664, Longitude: -77.9661 |
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|