Welcome to Bawk ...
Although we found mention of Bawk during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Bawk was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Bawk to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Bawk, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Bawk might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Bawk would be found within the (807) area code.
Communities near Bawk ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bawk.
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Ginoogaming. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ginoogaming
- Former name for Ginoogaming:
- Long Lake
- Ginoogaming has also been known as:
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poilu came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poilu
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Isis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Isis
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast)
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Calong came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Calong
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Exton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Exton
- Grant ‑ Historic
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grant
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hardrock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hardrock
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Theresa
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bawk ...
Looking for more information about Bawk? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bawk, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bawk.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Bawk and then turned east". While Bawk could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bawk as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bawk could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.
|If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.
|While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.