Our Genealogy Helper for Barry's Bay ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Barry's Bay (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Barry's Bay. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Barry's Bay:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Barry's Bay ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Barry's Bay.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Barry's Bay covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Casimir Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Casimir Cemetery
- St. Casimir Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Barry's Bay.
- St. Casimir Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Casimir's Parish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Casimir Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2420050<2>
- Our Lady Of The Angels Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Our Lady Of The Angels Cemetery
- Our Lady Of The Angels Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the east of Barry's Bay.
- Our Lady Of The Angels Cemetery has also been known as:
- Our Lady Of The Angels RC Cemetery
- St. Mary's RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Our Lady Of The Angels Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2448804<2>
- Forest View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest View Cemetery
- Forest View Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Barry's Bay.
- Forest View Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Andrew's United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2277302<2>
- St. Andrew's RC Church Cemetery
- Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Emmanuel United Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Carlow United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Carlow United Cemetery
- Carlow United Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of Barry's Bay.
- Carlow United Cemetery has also been known as:
- Carlow White Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlow United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2606345<2>
- St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Sabine RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Sabine RC Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Barry's Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Sabine RC Cemetery
- Lake Saint Peter Cemetery
- Grace Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grace Cemetery
- The Grace Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Maynooth.More precisely, Grace Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Barry's Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grace Cemetery
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Ignatius RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Barry's Bay.
- St. Ignatius RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Ignatius Martyr Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Ignatius RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2249893<2>
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Barry's Bay. See our List of 1890's Communities around Barry's Bay.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Barry's Bay ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Barry's Bay.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Shell Oil Road Map for Ontario (1955)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Barry's Bay. See our Misc Page for Barry's Bay for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Barry's Bay: www.barrysbay.com/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Barry's Bay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barry's Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Barry's BayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barry's Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4885, Longitude: -77.6784 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|